- Based in the UniSA Clinical & Health Sciences Unit at the City East campus
- Full-time (1.0FTE), 12 month fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $90,451 (Level ARAS) / $101,784 (Level BRF) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The position will undertake research related activities as directed by senior academic staff within the Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre, with a particular focus on pharmacoepidemiology and statistical analysis of administrative health datasets.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
The healthcare industry is constantly changing through the development of new technologies and approaches to care, in order to improve the detection, diagnosis and management of chronic and acute illness, as well as keeping populations healthy. Our degrees are designed and delivered to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry, ensuring graduates are career ready and equipped with the skills to meet future demands.
Home to the University of South Australia Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre (QUMPRC) and with key research concentrations in the areas of precision health, mental health and suicide prevention, nursing and midwifery workforce development, drug discovery, pharmaceutical innovation, health and disease biology, and food and nutrition, we continue to meet community health needs and contribute to a healthier society.
Specialising in improving use of medicines, research within the QUMPRC ranges from large-scale data analysis to the translation of evidence into policy and practice. The QUMPRC has a highly successful track record in research ranging from health professional practice change to development, implementation and evaluation of medicines policy at a national level.
- Provide specialised, expert advice in biostatistics and epidemiology
- Develop programming code in R, Python or similar, suitable for a distributed network analysis
- Undertake the interrogation and analysis of linked health datasets to meet objectives of research projects. Collation of results arising from multiple analyses across multiple countries
- Contribute to the production and dissemination of a range of project and evaluation reports for review by appropriate parties
- Communicate research findings at relevant national and international opportunities including conferences, universities and other related bodies
Essential Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate (Level ARA) or PhD (Level BRF) qualification in epidemiology, biostatistics, informatics, population health or a relevant discipline
- Advanced technical capacity using SAS, Stata or other statistical software in large datasets
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking data analysis in a health related area
- High-level written and verbal communication skills combined with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Sound track record in publication of research in quality journals and dissemination of results through conference presentations or general media, commensurate with experience
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at [email protected] using job reference number 3892.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 7 March 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email [email protected] and you will receive a response within one working day.