On Friday and Saturday, Dec. 16-17, UNC Charlotte will hold Fall Commencement ceremonies for 2022 graduates in Dale F. Halton Arena. Three ceremonies are scheduled in which 2,387 students will receive undergraduate degrees; 1,266 students will be awarded graduate degrees.
Friday’s 1 p.m. ceremony is for the undergraduates of the College of Arts + Architecture, Belk College of Business, College of Computing and Informatics and College of Health and Human Services. The 6 p.m. ceremony is for all graduate students — doctoral, master’s and graduate certificate programs.
Saturday’s 10 a.m. ceremony is for the undergraduates of the Cato College of Education, The William States Lee College of Engineering and College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
Important Commencement reminders:
Volunteers are still needed for Friday’s 6 p.m. ceremony and Saturday morning’s 10 a.m. ceremony to assist at the information tables, pass out name cards to graduates and welcome guests. A virtual volunteer orientation will be held Wednesday, Dec. 14. Register to volunteer.
Reminders about Halton Arena
A clear bag policy will be enforced.
Umbrellas and balloons will not be allowed in the arena.
Parking and Transportation for Friday, Dec. 16
- Craver Road will close at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 16, and reopen around 10 p.m.
- The following decks/lots will close to prepare for commencement parking Thursday, Dec. 15, at 11 p.m.: West Deck, Cone Decks 1 and 2, SAC ADA Lot / SAC North and Lots 7 / 7A.
- Parking at the Union Deck, East Deck, South Village Deck or North Deck is recommended for those not attending commencement.
- Commencement shuttles will run from East Deck and UNC Charlotte Main Light Rail Station to Craver Road from 11 a.m. until approximately 9:30 p.m. A separate shuttle will operate from the UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel & Conference Center to Craver Road during the same time period.
- Niner Transit will operate two Silver and two Green buses for those who are not attending commencement. Paratransit will operate on-demand service.
- View real-time Niner Transit, Paratransit and shuttle locations in the
Passio GO! app
Parking and Transportation for Saturday, Dec. 17
- Craver Road will close at 8 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, and reopen at 2 p.m.
- Parking will be reserved for commencement attendees only in the following lots/decks: West Deck, Cone Deck, SAC ADA Lot / SAC North and Lots 7 / 7A.
- For those attending commencement, shuttles will run from East Deck and UNC Charlotte Main Light Rail Station to Craver Road from 8 a.m. until approximately 1:30 p.m. A separate shuttle will operate from the UNC Charlotte Marriott Hotel to Craver Road during the same time period.
- Paratransit service will be available from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- View real-time Paratransit and shuttle locations in the Passio GO! app. Look for “commencement” and toggle the switch on to see the Commencement route.
Questions? Contact the Parking and Transportation Services Office at 704-687-0161 or email [email protected].